Wednesday, June 17, 2015

On the way to Swaziland

One of my favorite times to reflect is when I’m traveling. There’s something so unique about being in an airport, going from one place that I love to another. Nearly every time I travel I enjoy processing through things. Today I’m processing through this transition of leaving family, and starting a new & exciting adventure in Swaziland.

As I left Marion yesterday my heart was so full.
My heart is full of love for those I am leaving, and excitement for what I’m going to.
I am also full of thanksgiving. Today I am thankful:
 - That God’s picture of family is much bigger than mine
 - For a family who fully supports me, and who sent me out with prayers and love
 - For Mapile, who is excitedly awaiting my arrival in Swaziland
 - For the Lord’s peace that passes understanding
 - That the Lord promises, “Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.” (Heb.13:5)
 - That this journey has already taught me so much about trusting in the Lord!
 - For the word of God, which continually speaks to my heart

This week in my devotions I read from Mark 10:29-30:

“I tell you the truth.” Jesus replied, “No one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields – and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life.”

I have already seen how the Lord has expanded my family through the years of growing up on the mission field. God has blessed me with so many grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, moms, dads, brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews! Though it is not easy living away from biological family, I look forward to seeing how God expands my spiritual family.

Thanks so much to those of you who have been praying! The Lord has continually blessed me with peace and strength, and I believe that’s an answer to many prayers.

That’s all for now, next time I’ll write you from Swaziland.


No comments:

Post a Comment