Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas 2016

Is it just me or does Christmas seem to come and go way too fast every year?
My Mom, Dad, and my brother Jonathan all left yesterday. They were here for 10 precious days. It was super sweet for Simo to meet Grandpa and Uncle Jon for the first time. We spent most of our time together just hanging out as a family – drinking tea, playing games, cooking, eating, smiling at Simo, taking turns bouncing/rocking her to sleep, going for walks, and also playing some 2 on 2 volleyball while mom watched baby Simo.

I guess there’s not a lot to update you on besides pictures of Simo, because I still haven’t gone back to work, and school at the college doesn’t start back up until February (although January will be a big time of preparation for school to start).
If you wanna know some ways to pray for us, scroll to the bottom for some prayer requests.




Morning devos with Grandpa

My view when we go for walks


Her shirt says Merry Christmas in Siswati

Playing rook with the family - gotta train 'em when they're young

Christmas day with Uncle Jon


Goin' for a walk with Daddy

The cute little gecko, next to cute little Simo in her car seat




Wearing our Christmas gifts from Jon - Ball State hoodies (which is where he teaches)

 
Having a braai with the neighbors
Simo with some of the neighbor's children - Clark, Marlena, and Olivia Cheney

Making the pap/nshima for the braai - it was a team effort.

Please keep us in your prayers :
-         It’s so nice to have family visit, but it makes me especially homesick for all the rest of my family back in the States.
-         I’m also going to start transitioning back to work in January, so please pray for all the details of that to work out, as Simo will be coming with me to work. I can tend to feel anxious about how everything will work out, and I often have to remind myself that the Lord tells us NOT to be anxious about anything (Philippians 4:6).
-         Also be in prayer for the Bible College – for more students to come to be trained and for all the preparation that is involved for Mapile and the other staff members.
-         We’ve been in the process of applying to seminary for Mapile in the States. We are definitely still in the early stages of this, and we are trusting that the Lord’s timing is perfect. You can pray for that whole process, as there are lots of unknowns for us.
We are excited as we head into 2017. Of course we sure don’t know what this year will have in store for us, but we’re thankful to know that the Lord is by our side the whole way!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! I will be praying for all these requests. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So GREAT to see you and hear how your doing. Praying for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved every single photo. I will certainly be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love all the pictures!! Such sweet family pictures! Know you had to have had a wonderful time together! Miss you all! Uncle Dan and I will be continuing to pray for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures <3
    Praying
    ~MJ

    ReplyDelete